Part One: please answer FOUR of these in short answers of about five sentences; use standard English, complete sentences, and general examples from the works themselves. YOUR ANSWERS MUST BE AT LEAST FIVE SENTENCES LONG.
1. How is Jamaica Kincaid’s “Girl” a bridge between Modernism and Post-Modernism?
2. Do you see “Girl” as Modern or Post-Modern? Why?
3. Discuss Raymond Carver’s work “Popular Mechanics” as a revised myth.
4. Discuss three symbols in Carver’s “Popular Mechanics” and what you believe they mean.
Part Two: Please create a five paragraph essay (At least 5 sentences per paragraph) on the topic. Your essay does not need to involve critical sources.
1. How is Carver’s work “Popular Mechanics” Post-Modern?