Interview a principal, special education director, or school psychologist about the IEP process and his or her role in the process. Your interview should address the following prompts:
- The rights and responsibilities of individuals with exceptionalities, parents, teachers, and other professionals, and schools related to exceptionalities;
- Identify the role of families, community members, and school professionals in the educational process;
- Any issues, assurances, and due process rights related to assessment, eligibility, and placement within a continuum of services;
- How the individual upholds high standards of competence and integrity and exercises sound judgment in the practice of the professional;
- How the individual addresses ethics in advocating for appropriate services;
- How the individual uses verbal, nonverbal, and written language effectively in communicating with IEP team members;
- How the individual utilizes models and strategies of consultation and collaboration;
- How the individual addresses concerns of families of individuals with exceptionalities and strategies used to help address these concerns;
- How the individual uses group problem-solving skills to develop, implement, and evaluate collaborative activities.
Summarize and reflect upon your interview in a 500-750-word response.
APA format is required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Submit this assignment to your instructor in LoudCloud by the end of the topic.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.