This paper will be submitted through turnit
American Cinema requires that you produce a final project that is due on the last day of the semester. This project involves:
- Watching one of films listed below
- Writing a film reaction paper of between 1000 to 1250 words (with a typical font and spacing this will be between 4 and 5 pages) that fulfills the requirements listed on this page.
You should structure your final project to address the items listed below, but you should also draw on other concepts you have learned throughout the semester to show your mastery of the diverse aspects of American cinema discussed in this course. Remember to:
- Use technological and critical language correctly.
- Discuss the specific genre of the chosen film.
- Summarize key aspects of the film (plot, characters, themes, etc.)
- Identify the period during which the film was made and the period it portrays.
- Identify any pertinent economic issues regarding the making of the film.
- Determine the cultural features of both the time period depicted and the time period during which the film was made and comment on the interplay of these elements with the film itself.
- Explain the impact that this film has had on American popular culture.
Choose your film from the following:
- American Graffiti (1973)
- Apocalypse Now (1979)
- The Departed (2006)
- Easy Rider (1969)
- M*A*S*H (1970)
- Natural Born Killers (1994)
- Pulp Fiction (1994)
- Rosemary’s Baby (1969)
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)
- Unforgiven (1992)
- Vertigo (1958)