Assignment 2: Role of Police Psychological Services
The professional environment of police psychological services differs from more traditional psychology services. In this assignment, you will be introduced to and will gain an understanding of police psychological services.
Using the module readings and the Argosy University online library resources, research police psychological services and the role of the psychological services section in a police department. You can also contact your local police or sheriff’s department for more information or explanations.
In a minimum of 300 words, respond to the following:
- What are police psychological services, and what is the role of a psychological services section?
- How do in-house psychological services differ from department-to-department (e.g., local versus city and state versus federal departments) services?
- How does a psychological services section differ from departments that do not have in-house services?
- What is the potential role of psychological services in smaller departments?
Apply APA standards to cite sources.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||