1) Explain the similarities and differences between communism and fascism.
2) What were the Great Purges and how did it consolidate Stalin’s power?
3) How did targeting the Jewish people in particular help consolidate the rest of Germany? (HINT: you may need to look under more than one section for answers to this one.)
4) What was the Holocaust according to this chapter and how did it get progressively worse for the Jewish victims?
5) What brought the Americans into World War II according to the book and how did Japan expand its empire during the war?
6) How was the Allied victor achieved according to this chapter?
7)Some historians have argued that World War I and World War II are two parts to the same war. After reading chapters 25 and 27 back to back, would you agree or disagree with that assessment? Explain why or why not using evidence from the chapter.