- In preparation for LASA, complete your Strong Interest Inventory (SII) and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
- Watch the video of a feedback session between a counselor and a client who completed a career assessment. Analyze the video using the following guiding questions:
- If you were a counselor, how would you present your assessment results (i.e., top 3 areas scored on the Strong Interest Inventory [SII] and your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator [MBTI] type, etc.)?
- Identify any potentially sensitive information that would need to be communicated and describe a culturally sensitive way to communicate that information.
- Identify any barriers to the client’s decision-making process and how they affect the feedback session.
- Identify any other information you would like to gather, whether because it is missing in the original assessment or would be a useful addition. Describe the assessments that could be administered to obtain the additional information.
- Write a plan of how you will communicate the Strong Interest Inventory (SII) and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) results and the interpretation of these results with the client. Highlight the key assessment results you want to discuss with your client.
Your final deliverable will be an outline in a Microsoft Word document, approximately 3 pages in length. Write the outline in complete sentences and not in fragments. Your outline should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
All your written assignments should reflect graduate-level writing skills and appropriate use of APA style, including in-text citations and references.