The students must self-select a Professional goal (see suggestions below). Students must view at least 3 hours of TED videos which directly impact their individual goal. If you are not familiar with TED, please visit their website
Only official TED Talks, TED-Ed, and TEDx videos viewed through the TED website or an official TED YouTube channel are acceptable for your Engagement Portfolio. A maximum of 12 different TED videos can be used for your Engagement Portfolio. Upon completion of viewing the TED videos, students are required to write a reflective paper. Students must include verification of each TED video viewed by submitting a list of links to each TED video viewed for the reflective paper. This list should be included at the end of your reflective paper and does not count towards to length requirements for the reflective paper (see the rubric on the following page). Email your instructor if you have questions about an acceptable TED video relating to your professional goal.
The same TED video/reflection may not be used for multiple courses. Possible ENGR 102 goal (Professional) suggestions include (but are not limited to): Resume Development; Major/Career Selection; Research Ideas/Opportunities; Study Abroad; Planning for Graduate School; etc
- Make sure it is 3 hours or more for TED
- Make sure it is 3+ Pages – double spaced, 12 pt font, normal margins
- Demonstrates the ability to self-reflect, discusses frustrations and growth throughout the experiences, seeks to find possible weaknesses to improve upon, asks and answers self-directed questions
- Makes clear connections between original goal and experiences (TED videos)
- I want you to write about study abroad and planning for graduate school.