Assignment 1: The Role of the Mental Health Professional in Hostage Negotiation
Using the module’s readings and the Argosy University online library resources, research a mental health professional’s role as a member of a hostage negotiation team.
In a minimum of 300 words, respond to the following:
- What are the roles of a forensic mental health professional on a hostage negotiation team?
- What are the unique contributions of a mental health professional to the hostage negotiation team?
- What are the potential ethical and professional implications of being involved in hostage negotiation?
- Are the ethical standards for this kind of professional role different from those of the traditional ethical standards of a therapist?
Apply APA standards to cite the sources.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two other classmates’ posts. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between one or more lines of reasoning in the discussion.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||