Select a psychological disorder that you are likely to deal with in your chosen career. You may continue with the pretend client you used in your first two assignments. Write a six to ten (6-10) page report that specifically addresses all of the following:
- Name of this disorder.
- Symptoms of this disorder.
- Number of people or percentage of the population diagnosed with this disorder each year.
- Suspected causes of this disorder.
- Write a paragraph on how this diagnosis could be treated by each of the four major schools of psychotherapy (Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Behavioral, and Cognitive).
- Which therapeutic approach do you think is best for this problem; why?
- What kind of resistance would you expect in treating this kind of problem?
- How might the Prochaska Model of Change assist with your treatment efforts? Explain.
- How might manualized approaches to therapy help or hinder your treatment efforts? Explain.
- Discuss any dual diagnosis issues that are likely with this diagnosis. (Please include at least one source external to the text, to support your conclusions regarding possible dual diagnosis).
- What specific population or populations (age, sex, ethnicity, etc.) are you hoping to help? As a mental health professional, what ethical and/or cultural issues should you consider? How would you address those issues?
Each paper should include:
- A title page
- The paper itself (the “discussion”)
- Correct APA formatting for in text citations
- A reference page
- Use standard margins: 1″ on all sides.
- Use standard 12-point Times New Roman Font.
- Use standard double-spacing: 22 lines per page.
- Use left-aligned text. Do not right-justify.
Pomerantz, A. (2014). Clinical Psychology, 2nd Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.