- Seven Basic Steps to Solving Ethical Dilemmas in Special Education: A Decision-Making Framework”
Play the expert in the following scenario and apply ethical principles and professional standards of decision-making to your rationale and actions:
- You are a counseling psychologist in a state prison. You have been counseling a new inmate, and he confided in you that one of the other inmates has indicated he is considering suicide. He does not divulge the name of the other inmate and refuses to talk any further about the issue. Consider the following steps in your decision-making process:
- Define the problem.
- Explore the alternatives.
- Consider the consequences.
- Identify ethical considerations.
- Determine how you would reduce bias in your decision-making process.
- Explain your decision.